Welcome to Little House on the Silicon Prairie! My name is Whitney, and I’m a twentysomething wife living and working in Kansas. My husband Flavio and I both work in the tech industry, but in our spare time we enjoy much simpler pursuits. Cooking is our favorite, and we especially enjoy recreating some of the recipes he grew up with during his childhood in Italy. My other hobbies include knitting, embroidery, and home canning. I hope to use this blog as a space to chronicle my efforts to maintain a simple home life in the fast-paced, high-tech world we live in. The internet might pay the bills around here, but we still enjoy doing plenty of things the old-fashioned way!
- RT @jaketapper: John Quincy Adams took the oath of office with his hand not on a Bible but on a book of constitutional law. https://t.co/YK… 2 days ago
- Merry Christmas twitter.com/nicholemanna/s… 2 days ago
- RT @BrewerForKansas: ... and people without well-paying jobs -- or do we cast aside ideology and special interests and rebuild the state we… 2 days ago
- RT @BrewerForKansas: Do we continue down the path of division and partisanship that's left schools without funding, seniors without health… 2 days ago
- Why does my @netflix app always crash 30 sec into Moana?? Did we watch it too many times? It’s breaking my daughter… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 days ago