Welcome to Little House on the Silicon Prairie! My name is Whitney, and I’m a twentysomething wife living and working in Kansas. My husband Flavio and I both work in the tech industry, but in our spare time we enjoy much simpler pursuits. Cooking is our favorite, and we especially enjoy recreating some of the recipes he grew up with during his childhood in Italy. My other hobbies include knitting, embroidery, and home canning. I hope to use this blog as a space to chronicle my efforts to maintain a simple home life in the fast-paced, high-tech world we live in. The internet might pay the bills around here, but we still enjoy doing plenty of things the old-fashioned way!
- RT @TranslateRealDT: ...a Great American President (or even Trump) should stand up for every American. If not, THEY SHOULD BE FIRED. Find s… 12 hours ago
- RT @NoisyAstronomer: My friends coined a word: hepeated. For when a woman suggests an idea and it's ignored, but then a guy says same thing… 21 hours ago
- RT @goldengateblond: The bill her father wants to sign would make this a preexisting condition. twitter.com/maggienyt/stat… 1 day ago
- RT @SarahLerner: But health care is too expensive, right? twitter.com/jasonmillman/s… 2 days ago
- RT @ddale8: Gov. Sam Brownback's privatization moved tax workers out of a secured building; one just got shot at the new office: https://t.… 2 days ago