Welcome to Little House on the Silicon Prairie! My name is Whitney, and I’m a twentysomething wife living and working in Kansas. My husband Flavio and I both work in the tech industry, but in our spare time we enjoy much simpler pursuits. Cooking is our favorite, and we especially enjoy recreating some of the recipes he grew up with during his childhood in Italy. My other hobbies include knitting, embroidery, and home canning. I hope to use this blog as a space to chronicle my efforts to maintain a simple home life in the fast-paced, high-tech world we live in. The internet might pay the bills around here, but we still enjoy doing plenty of things the old-fashioned way!
- RT @LorenaSGonzalez: My father never never finished school in Mexico. He came to the US to pick & pack your food, opened a small business,… 3 hours ago
- RT @caldwelljunior: He ate what he wanted, he loved himself even with no pants on, he loved his pals even when they were miserable. He's my… 3 hours ago
- RT @tomaskenn: Sad to say that Jean Montrevil was deported to Haiti today after having lived in this country for 31 years. He leaves behind… 11 hours ago
- RT @ladybirddiner: Well, we can’t just sit here doing nothing, and as long as we’re doing something, we may as well do something else, too.… 3 days ago
- RT @RickSteves: I recently learned that, a century ago, US immigration law was based on the concept of “good stock” — a racist term my gre… 3 days ago